Atrium Health has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Director, Enterprise Architecture.
Atrium Health is one of the nation’s leading healthcare organizations and the region’s largest primary network. Formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, Atrium Health began as Charlotte Memorial Hospital in 1940 and has grown its network to include more than 50 hospitals and 900 care locations, ranging from doctors’ offices to behavioral health centers to nursing homes.
Atrium Health focuses on delivering the highest quality patient care, supporting medical research and education, and joining with outside partners to keep its community healthy.
Director, Enterprise Architecture Job Overview
The Director, Enterprise Architecture, provides leadership and direction on technology strategy plans for Atrium Health’s technology environment, including the technical architecture, acquisitions, designs, and deployment of complex, integrated and standardized IS solutions to satisfy clinical and business functional requirements.
The CIO, who has been in place since August, is very supportive of this position and the CTO is accountable to make sure the position is both strategic and enterprise wide. The EA will be building out the standard enterprise architecture as well as looking at the next generation of enterprise architecture and bringing that to maturity.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years as IS Executive experience managing operations services, teams & vendors
- 8+ years of experience in IT Service Management and Service Operations
- Proven record of ITIL process implementation and continuous improvement
- Strong technical knowledge of key platform technologies and infrastructure
- Leading an EA program in an organization of similar scope and scale
Preferred and highly desired:
- Master’s Degree
- ITIL Expert Certification
- Experience in quality and performance management
- Familiarity with healthcare industry drivers such as Affordable Care Act, Population Health, and Meaningful Use Stages
- Epic experience
- Familiarity with EA structures (such as COBIT, for example)
- Healthcare background
For more information about the organization, the Director, Enterprise Architecture position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Steve Bennett.
Atrium Health has retained Kirby Partners to identify, qualify, and present individuals for their Assistant Vice President Enterprise Architecture position.
The Assistant Vice President Enterprise Architecture is a Senior IS Executive accountable for providing top-level leadership and direction on technology strategy plans for Atrium Health’s technology environment, including the infrastructure and technical architectures, acquisition, design, and deployment of complex, integrated and standardized IS solutions to satisfy clinical, corporate and business functional requirements.
Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, is located in Charlotte, North Carolina and is one of the nation’s leading and most innovative healthcare organizations.
Key Network Indicators:
- 7,600 licensed beds
- Over 65,000 employees
- 11.6 million patient encounters
- $9,771,454 million net revenue
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), the AVP Enterprise Architecture is responsible for providing strategic technical direction on the solution architecture designs and systems engineering for infrastructure, middleware, mobile and platform solutions. The AVP Enterprise Architecture will oversee a staff of 14 (11 solution architects and three enterprise architects).
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field.
- Over 10 years of previous IS Executive experience managing operations services, teams & vendors.
- Over 12 years of experience in IT Service Management and Service Operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Relocation or residency in the Charlotte area.
- Strong budgetary management abilities.
- Proven background of being visionary and strategic.
- Solid project management skills.
- ITIL Expert Certification strongly preferred.
- Proven record of ITIL process implementation and continuous improvement.
- A healthcare background is strongly desired.
- Strong technical knowledge of key platform technologies and infrastructure, including cloud, WAN, telephony, storage, servers and desktops.
- Experience in quality and and performance management an asset.
- Ability to quickly and creatively analyze and provide solutions to complex challenges.
- Familiarity with healthcare industry drivers such as Affordable Care Act, Population Health, and Meaningful Use Stages would be considered an asset.
For more information about the organization, position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar) or click here.
Carolinas Healthcare System has retained Kirby Partners to identify, qualify and present individuals for their Director, Analytics with DA2 Position.
Carolinas Healthcare System started as a community hospital in 1940, and has since grown into one of the leading non-profit health systems in the country. The extensive health network consists of more than 40 hospitals and several hundred care centers that serve a variety of communities in the southeast. DA2 is owned by Carolinas Health System and is their analytics department. It was founded in 2013, when analytics in all departments came together as a team to use innovative tools and technologies to help provide better healthcare.
Director, Analytics with DA2 Position Highlights
The Director of Cost and Value Analytics works closely with the administrative and clinical leaders of the enterprise to develop and execute data-driven initiatives improving the value of clinical services. The role leads a matrix-based team of business intelligence specialists, clinicians, quality and administrative professionals.