This position has been filled.
Avanir Pharmaceuticals has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for their Associate Director, Information Security position.
Avanir Pharmaceuticals is a global pharmaceutical company committed to delivering central nervous system (CNS) solutions.
Avanir Pharmaceutical has two main products used for treatments of CNS disorders:
- NUEDEXTA is the first and only FDA approved treatment for PseudoBulbar Affect (PBA), a medical condition that causes involuntary, sudden, and frequent episodes of crying and/or laughing in people living with certain neurologic conditions or brain injury.
- ONZETRA® Xsail® is the first intranasal medication delivery system for the acute treatment of adult migraines.
Associate Director, Information Security Position Overview:
The Associate Director, Information Security is responsible for the overall design, execution and day-to-day management of Avanir’s information security capabilities in alignment with appropriate global information security standards. As the architect and thought leader in developing a comprehensive, risk-based information security strategy and roadmap, drive the maturity of Avanir’s people, processes and tools to support and enhance this critical business capability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering or related technical or business field
- 14+ years of related experience in an Information Technology role; 7+ years’ experience serving in a management and leadership role within an Information Security function (IT Security, IT Audit, etc.) or a similar consulting organization is required
- Strong technical skills relevant to Information Security such as secure coding standards, ethical hacking techniques, IDS/IPS, and SEIM
- Working knowledge of information security technologies, markets and vendors including firewall, intrusion detection, assessment and monitoring tools, encryption, certificate authority, and cloud identity management
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and common web applications
- Familiarity with global Information Security industry standards/best practices and relevant regulations (e.g., PCI DSS, HIPAA, GDPR, NIST, ISO, CobiT, ISF) CISSP, CISM, CISA, GCIH, CEH or other related information security certifications preferred
- Core competencies for this role include: Adapt to Change – demonstrate Organizational Awareness, Self-Awareness, Proactivity and Learning Agility, Work Collaboratively – embody Teamwork, Influence without authority, and demonstrate Technical Expertise, Apply Judgment – effectively leverage Prioritization, Problem Solving and Decision Making skills to achieve superior results
For more information about the organization, position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar) or click here.
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Bryan Kirby.