This position has been filled.
Sharp HealthCare has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for CIO job candidates.
Sharp HealthCare is a nationally-recognized integrated healthcare delivery system with four acute-care hospitals, three specialty hospitals, and three affiliated medical groups. Sharp HealthCare is a not-for-profit healthcare system serving 3.2 million residents of San Diego County.
Sharp is consistently recognized for outstanding achievement and aspires to top decile performance in each of its seven pillars of excellence (Quality, Safety, Service, People, Finance, Growth, and Community). Sharp was recognized with the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, the Nation’s highest honor for quality excellence in 2007, one of the first health systems in the country to have received this honor.
SVP/Chief Information Job Overview:
The Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer (SVP/CIO) at Sharp Healthcare is an incredible opportunity for an experienced healthcare IT leader seeking a high-profile, strategic position with a highly respected health system in a beautiful location.
The SVP/CIO will oversee infrastructure, applications, risk and information security, analytics, informatics, contracting and vendor management, and special projects. Clinical engineering and bio-medical devices support is outsourced to GE. The technology team is approximately 600 people.
- Ten or more years of experience in a leadership role in a complex information systems environment
- Healthcare industry experience is strongly preferred
- Experience working closely with physicians and other healthcare providers on strategic IT initiatives
- Previous experience with Cerner and Allscripts clinical applications is a strong plus
- Visionary leadership and strong tactical and strategic expertise, negotiation and facilitation skills, along with the ability to motivate, persuade and build consensus
- Demonstrated value-based leadership skills that emphasize creation of strategic vision, innovation, communication, finance, project management, human resource management and development and ability to be a team player
- Experience implementing LEAN management methods aimed at simplifying processes and reducing costs
For more information about the organization, the SVP/Chief Information Officer job, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar) or click here.
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Bryan Kirby.