This position has been filled.
System Director, Information Management Health Plan and Population Health Svcs.
CHRISTUS HealthDallas, TX
CHRISTUS Health has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their System Director, Information Management Health Plan and Population Health Services.
CHRISTUS Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in North America, providing faith-based care in Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Texas, and in Mexico, Columbia, and Chile through more than 60 hospitals and clinics, and over 175 other facilities.
Sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word in Houston and San Antonio and the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth, CHRISTUS’ mission is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to every individual they serve.
CHRISTUS Health is a diverse system serving with outpatient services and clinics, physician groups, insurance plans, surgery centers, and long term care services.
With the help of their communities, CHRISTUS Health focuses on four relevant and timely strategies:
- Clinical integration and Population Health Management
- Excellence in operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Growth in the U.S.
- Expansion in Latin America
System Director, Information Management Health Plan and Population Health Services Job Overview
The System Director, Information Management Health Plan and Population Health Services, serves a key role as CHRISTUS continues to integrate the health system, implement Epic and grow the insurance side of their organization. As they transition to value-based care, they have a strategy in place for the next ten years and this individual will help shape that vision. This is an incredible opportunity with a mission-based organization that lives the mission daily.
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, CIO and with a dotted line to the Senior Vice President of Population Health and Health Plans, this key leader will also be part of the information systems leadership team. As CHRISTUS continues moving to a single platform, Epic, they will also be implementing Healthy Planet and Tapestry. This is a highly visible position which requires strong communication skills, collaboration, and the ability to partner with executives across the organization.
The CHRISTUS System Director of Information Management Health Plan and Population Health Services will lead strategy development and be responsible for the effective operation of technology and applications support teams in advancing Health Plan Services to clients and Population Health Management.
CHRISTUS is a high energy, fast paced, data driven, and matrixed reporting environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s Degree in a related field strongly preferred
- Requires ten+ years of increasingly responsible leadership experience in large corporate environments with a wide variety of Information Management, Health Plan and Population Health applications and technologies
- Requires five+ or more years of provider-owned health plan administration experience (Claims, Service, etc.) with direct accountability for IT in an operational capacity. Expected administrative and/or IT experience with multiple lines of business (e.g., self-insured, Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare Advantage, ACO, HIX Commercial insured)
- Experience with health plan and population health IT strategy development
- Experience with commercial payers as well as with state and federal health plan reimbursement systems, regulations, and requirements
- Requires specialized procedural knowledge of Health Plan/Pop Health systems design, hardware/software, operations, problem resolution, system documentation, and project management
- Preferred experience working with provider-sponsored value-based care organizations or managed care organization
- Epic strongly preferred, especially Tapestry
- Thorough understanding of Healthcare, Health Plan and Population Health Operations
- Ability to be extremely organized, disciplined, hands-on, and process-oriented leader who is not afraid of digging into details.
- Forward-thinking; able to anticipate regulatory needs/deadlines well in advance and guide the organization in preparing to meet requirements and avoid penalties/loss of payment associated with non-compliance
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills, analytics/problem-solving mindset using data to support conclusions, and having a thought process that allows for root cause analysis and issues resolution
- Relevant industry certifications (ITIL, MCSE, TOGAF) preferred
- Relocation to Dallas is required.
- This executive must be able to travel to facility locations when required. The executive will have a moderate amount (20-30%) of business travel to CHRISTUS U.S. regional locations
Please view the position whitepaper here for more information about CHRISTUS Health, the job, and the community.
Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters.
If you have any questions about this position, please email Steve Bennett.