Hennepin Healthcare has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their IS&T Director of Clinical and Business Informatics.
Hennepin Healthcare, based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a nationally recognized system of care that includes Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC), a Level l Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center with the largest emergency department in the state.
HCMC is a comprehensive academic medical center and public teaching hospital.
Facts & Figures
- 7,300 employees and physicians
- 473 operating beds
- 16,597 discharges
- 1,735 births
- 677,503 clinic visits
- 87,731 emergency department visits
- 11,294 surgeries
- 4,681 hyperbaric chamber treatments
- 349 average daily hospital census
- 147,913 unique patients
- 11,511 home health visits
- 42 hospice average daily census
IS&T Director of Clinical and Business Informatics Position Overview
Reporting to the CIO, with a matrixed reporting relationship to the CHIO, the IS&T Director of Clinical and Business Informatics is accountable for the development of care delivery services and business solutions that support the mission, vision, strategies, and goals of Hennepin Healthcare.
The Director has three direct reports and a total team of about 40 people overseeing:
- Service Desk
- Project and Portfolio Management
- Clinical Education
Playing a key position on the IS&T leadership team, the Director has responsibility for establishing strategy, building strong relationships with business stakeholders, and problem solving.
What makes this position unique is the scope of accountability and the ability to influence positive change within the health system. The Training Team is part of the Service Desk which enables the ability to quickly capture opportunities for training and support.
The Director will work remotely but needs to have on-campus presence at least one day per week (with some projects requiring more frequent presence on campus).
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of related experience in a healthcare leadership role
- Experience with clinical workflows
- Experience in electronic health record implementation throughout the project life-cycle, performing workflow analysis, testing, training, go-live support, system upgrades and issues management
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in computer science, healthcare or a related field
- Degree in Nursing, Pharmacy or related field
- Demonstrated experience with LEAN, Six Sigma, or other process improvement methodologies
- Passionate about leveraging technologies and new processes to improve patient outcomes, patient experience, and care team efficiencies
- Goal oriented with the ability to set strategy and vision
- Ability to build relationships and trust with clinical staff and operational leaders
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Strong ability to speak at the executive level
- Propensity for thinking past, “This is the way we’ve always done it”
For more information about the organization, the IS&T Director of Clinical and Business Informatics position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Jaclyn Gates.