The team of executive recruiters at Kirby Partners is actively recruiting for a Chief Medical Informatics Officer (CMIO) and an Ambulatory Associate Chief Medical Informatics Officer (ACMIO) at Vidant Health.
Vidant Health is a physician-led, integrated system of patient-centered care that includes nine hospitals plus physician practices, hospice, and wellness centers in Eastern North Carolina.
CMIO Position Highlights
As a key strategic leader for Vidant Health, the CMIO, in partnership with the Director, Clinical Informatics, will lead informatics for the health system to serve the organization’s community of physicians, nurses, and allied health professionals.
- The CMIO will set the informatics vision and align the use of technology with health system strategies and key clinical initiatives by working directly with the Chief Medical & Quality Officer, Chief Information Officer and other executives.
- While leading a team of three ACMIOs, the CMIO supports clinical and operational leadership to ensure that Epic and other information systems support excellence in patient care, health system operations and research activities.
- The CMIO will also design, lead, and participate in clinical governance committees to ensure that clinical insight and input are part of all key decisions.
- The CMIO will continue to practice in their specialty for 20% of their time.
While there will be opportunities for a periodic remote work environment, the CMIO should live or relocate within a 2-hour drive from Greenville.
ACMIO Position Highlights
The Ambulatory Associate Chief Medical Informatics Officer (ACMIO) serves as a liaison between physicians and Information Services (IS) to maximize patient outcomes, experience, and safety along with the quality of care and operational efficiency.
- As one of three ACMIOs reporting to the Chief Medical Informatics Officer, the Ambulatory ACMIO will work to align priorities with the strategic mission of the Vidant Medical Group and collaborate with Vidant’s Community Partners.
- The ACMIO will focus largely on the Epic EHR design but will also advise on other technology leveraged by physicians including NLP software, digital apps, analytics, and clinical decision support.
- By working closely with ambulatory physician – users “on the ground,” the ACMIO will support the use of existing technologies and evaluate new solutions that enable high quality care, as well as define current and future workflows that meet physician needs and align with strategic initiatives.