City of Hope has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Executive Director of Clinical Ancillary and Support Systems.
City of Hope is one of only 51 National Cancer Institute (NCI) designated comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, and an independent biomedical research institution near Los Angeles, California that offers a unique blend of compassionate care and research innovation. By developing scientific breakthroughs, expediting new treatments, providing outstanding professional education, and delivering a personalized, compassionate focus for each individual patient, City of Hope is recognized as being at the forefront of the battle against cancer and other deadly illnesses.
There are City of Hope locations across Los Angeles, Riverside, Ventura, San Bernardino, and Orange counties, providing patients access to over 725 clinical trials to date.
City of Hope’s three manufacturing facilities manufactures both biologic and chemical compounds that meet strict good manufacturing practice (GMP) standards. City of Hope holds more than 450 patent portfolios and submits nearly 50 applications per year to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for investigational new therapies.
City of Hope Research Entities:
- The Irell & Manella Graduate School of Biological Sciences (IMGS) is a renowned bench-to-bedside research institute with 100+ principal investigators working toward the treatments and prevention of cancer, diabetes, and HIV/AIDS.
- Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope was the first of five Beckman Institutes in the United States, which together have fueled scientific advances for more than a generation.
- City of Hope and Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen), a leading biomedical research institute, formed an alliance to make precision medicine a reality for patients. This alliance enables both institutes to complement each other’s strengths, with TGen’s genomic insights augmenting the level of care available to City of Hope patients.
Many professional sports organizations have supported City of Hope, including the Los Angeles Dodgers, the Los Angeles Kings, Major League Soccer’s Chivas USA, and the National Football League.
Executive Director of Clinical Ancillary and Support Systems Position Overview
The COH Executive Director of Clinical Ancillary and Support Systems, reporting to the VP of clinical Services, will oversee clinical ancillaries and support systems.
These areas encompass Epic and clinical support systems, pharmacy and oncology, clinical ancillaries, and precision medicine. Some of the systems managed include Epic modules such as Willow, Beacon, Radiant, Cupid and OpTime, as well as other applications such as eDonor, Remisol Advanced, Data Innovations, Pyxis, Dragon, and Genomics, research, pathology and research informatics systems.
Four senior managers report to the Director.
The Director and their team will also assist with transitioning three newly acquired Cancer Treatment Centers of America hospitals and clinics, as well as a new hospital and offices for COH.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline. (An equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education may substitute for degree).
- Advanced degree preferred.
- 15+ years of IT experience.
- 15+ years of progressively responsible management experience.
- 5+ years of senior leadership experience, preferable working with technologies and applications within the Healthcare Industry.
- EPIC or Cerner EHR, PeopleSoft or SAP ERP, Imaging Systems, and hospital-based ancillary applications.
- Experience overseeing and managing complex, organizationally matrix-based programs and schedules in Healthcare is desired.
Desired knowledge, skills, and attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills demonstrating active listening and negotiation techniques as well as mediation of conflicts with positive outcomes.
- Strong relationship-building skills with executive leaders, physicians, and key decision-makers/influencer within the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, appropriate preparation, and presence when speaking to large audiences demonstrating confidence and topic expertise.
- Experience leading large multi-disciplinary, complex teams.
- Experience with software development methodologies, project management techniques, and development life cycle.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
For more information about the organization, the Executive Director of Clinical Ancillary and Support Systems position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Margaret Cowan.